I've released man-pages-3.34. Again, because of the problems at kernel.org, the various pieces of the release are at different locations than usual (and possibly some of these locations may become permanent). The browsable online pages can be found on man7.org; the release tarball is available
here on kernel.org.
A git repository for man-pages can be found on
The most notable changes in man-pages-3.34 are as follows:
- A new rt_sigqueueinfo(2) documents the rt_sigqueueinfo() and rt_tgsigqueueinfo() system calls. At the same time, the sigqueue() man page was moved from Section 2 to Section 3, since the interface it documents really is a library function (layered on top of rt_sigqueueinfo()).
- New man pages for the cciss(4) and hpsa(4) drivers. Thanks to Stephen Cameron.
- The fstatat(2) man page adds documentation of the AT_NO_AUTOMOUNT flag added in Linux 2.6.38.
- The lseek(2) man page adds documentation of the SEEK_HOLE and SEEK_DATA commands scheduled for the upcoming Linux 3.1. (These commands allow a program to map file holes.)
- The madvise(2) man page adds documentation of the MADV_HUGEPAGE and MADV_NOHUGEPAGE commands added in Linux 2.6.38.
- The feature_test_macros(7) man page adds documentation of the _ISOC95_SOURCE macro added in glibc 2.12