- The feature test macro requirements in a large number of pages were updated, either to incorporate changes in recent glibc releases, to fix errors in existing pages, or to add requirements to pages that did not previously document them.
- A new sigevent(7) page documents the sigevent structure that is used by several APIs that provide asynchronous notification. This page was created by extracting out the generic material on sigevent from the timer_create(2) and mq_notify(3) pages. Thanks to Petr Baudis.
- Additional information and an example program were added to the insque(3) page.
- The rand(3) page was expanded, and an example program added.
- The ip(7) manual page adds documentation of the IP_NODEFRAG socket option (new in Linux 2.6.36)
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 7:01 PM
Sunday, September 12, 2010
I'll be at the upcoming Linux Kongress, 23-24 September, in Nuremberg, Germany. All going well, I'll be there with copies of my book, The Linux Programming Interface, which I should receive in the coming week. Get in touch with me at mtk-AT-man7.org, if you'll be at the conference and would like to see a copy of the book.
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 4:55 PM
Friday, September 10, 2010
I've uploaded man-pages-3.26 into the release directory (or view the online pages). Mostly, this release consists of minor changes to existing pages. The notable changes in man-pages-3.26 are as follows:
Posted by Michael Kerrisk at 9:37 PM