Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Help request: testing of math function error reporting

As I mentioned in my previous post, as of man-pages-3.06, the math man pages now describe the error-reporting behavior of the math functions as at glibc 2.8. I'd like to extend those descriptions to cover differences in older glibc versions. In order to do that, I've written some scripts to check the error-reporting behavior of the math functions, and I'd like to run them on as many different versions of glibc as possible.

If you'd like to help, and you have an x86 system with an older glibc (look at the version number in the first line of output produced by the command /lib/libc.so.6), run the script in this tarball (see the README file inside the tarball for details), and send me the resulting log file (email to mtk.manpages AT gmail.com).

Updated, 2012- 03-06: Fix link to tarball

No comments: